Feds release 2023-2025 Immigration Levels Plan – new goal of 500k by 2025
Today, the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Sean Fraser released Canada’s 2023–2025 Immigration Levels Plan:
- Last year Canada welcomed over 405,000 newcomers – the most ever welcomed in a single year.
- The government is setting targets in the new levels plan of 465,000 permanent residents in 2023, 485,000 in 2024 and 500,000 in 2025.
- Citing critical labour market shortages, the government is hoping to attract skills required in key sectors — including health care, skilled trades, manufacturing and technology.
- The government’s plan has a long-term focus on economic growth, with a goal of over 60% of admissions in the economic class by 2025.
- The government’s plan includes increases in regional programs to address targeted local labour market needs.