NEW: Canada added 108,000 jobs in October, unemployment rate steady at 5.2%
Statistics Canada released its latest labour force survey today:
- The economy added 108,000 jobs in October, recouping losses observed in previous months.
- Meanwhile, the unemployment rate held steady at 5.2% in October.
- Employment rose in several industries, led by manufacturing, construction, and accommodation and food services.
- The number of private-sector employees rose for the first time since March 2022.
- Despite concerns of a possible recession by the Bank of Canada and the federal government, the latest Statscan survey is a positive development for the economy.
Read the full report: https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/daily-quotidien/221104/dq221104a-eng.htm?HPA=1