Expert Government Relations – Ottawa Employment Opportunity
OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE AN IMPACT
Position: Senior Consultant, Maple Leaf Strategies
Maple Leaf Strategies is seeking a dynamic government relations expert to join our growing Ottawa team. The qualified candidate will join a team of dedicated public policy professionals serving some of Canada’s most innovative and transformational companies and organizations.
INTRODUCTION TO MAPLE LEAF STRATEGIES – EXPERTS WHO DELIVER
Maple Leaf Strategies is an expert national public affairs, government relations and public opinion research consulting firm. With top talent from across the country, we bring a unique, strategic and collaborative approach to meeting client objectives.
Using the latest technologies and platforms, we pride ourselves on a record of delivering tangible results for clients nationwide.
Maple Leaf respectfully acknowledges the Indigenous ancestors and peoples of the places we live and work and reaffirms our relationship with one another. We are committed to Indigenous reconciliation and help clients develop tailormade plans to build trust, foster relationships and create mutual growth.
SENIOR CONSULTANT POSITION SUMMARY
As a Senior Consultant at Maple Leaf Strategies, you will be a key part of Canada’s leading government relations team. You will serve multiple clients on diverse and challenging files.
- Service clients with expert dedicated counsel – Develop and implement federal government relations strategies in alignment with clients goals, strategies, priorities, and initiatives.
- Manage multiple clients and files at one time with timely and attentive service.
- Maintain courteous and respectful relationships with clients, stakeholders, suppliers and other team members.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with key federal stakeholders, both elected and public servants. Attend parliamentary social functions throughout the year.
- Prepare and arrange Parliamentary and bureaucratic meetings with clear outcomes and specific deliverables.
- Develop an expert understanding of government public policy and parliamentary procedure and government policies/programs as it relates to client business.
- Communicate with impact. Maintain excellent written and verbal communication skills, including precise and clear writing.
- Market and grow the Maple Leaf Strategies client base.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- 5-10 years of demonstrable experience in government relations and public policy. House of Commons and federal government experience preferred.
- Have a keen understanding of federal politics and political parties.
- You will be a recognized expert on federal government policy, programs and regulatory regimes.
- Proven track record in establishing, monitoring, and achieving demanding client targets.
- Experience working with senior executive management teams.
- Demonstrable capacity to analyze, think critically and strategically and innovate – to resolve/respond to problems in a timely manner.
- Excellent social skills and cultural understanding,
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Digital Marketing/Communications – expertise in Social Media. Ability to grow channels and digital presence. Oversee, monitor and manage all social media channels.
- Marketing and client development an asset.
- University degree (minimum undergraduate)
- Bilingualism in English and French is an asset.
Maple Leaf Strategies recognizes and promotes the value of diversity in today’s workforce.
Commensurate with experience/individual qualities of the candidate.
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Senior Consultant – Ottawa” in the subject line by 12:00 PM January 9, 2023.
We thank all who apply. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.Link Copied