Federal government to release Fall Economic Statement on November 21
- Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance Chrystia Freeland will present the 2023 Fall Economic Statement in the House of Commons on November 21, 2023, at approximately 4:00 p.m. ET.
- The Fall Economic Statement provides an update of the state of the country’s finances.
- The key themes of the Fall Economic Statement will be:
- Making housing more affordable with new measures to build more homes.
- Making life more affordable with new measures aimed at benefiting Canadians.
- Fiscal responsibility to ensure Canada maintains the lowest deficit and debt-to-GDP ratio in the G7.
- Investment Tax Credit (ITC) legislative and implementation details will be unveiled in the Fall Economic Statement.